Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I looked around today.

Dec.19th
I looked at the mountain today, 
Beautiful, with ponds filled full of algae.
It made me smile; every time I saw the sun gently glint off the red hillside .
As if it was not in a rush to chase the leaves into their shadows, and instead rested atop.
I looked at the mountain today,
Chaotic, with storm clouds Jupiter forms.
It made me worry; every time the rain washed away memories from trails.
As if we all are searching for that one piece, if we could only find it we would never forget. 
I looked at the mountain today,
Wonderland, with an overwhelming smell.
It made me laugh; to think that a mule could rest next to a flower.
As if flowers smell like an ass, and an ass has a sweet fragrance to it.
When I looked at the mountain today, I saw you.
Awestruck, with illustrious ponds full of water. 
It made me curious; every time I looked into those waters, if you knew it too.
As if a blind man does not know when music is playing, or would rather just see what is on T.V..
I looked at the ground today,
Dull, with dirt and rocks that do not forget.
It made me cry; to see a natural disaster so significant go unnoticed. 
As if the cosmos was aware of your energy difference, but nobody can find Waldo.
I looked at the mountain today,
Breathtaking, with a horizon that shines amber
It made me love; caring for others that shine with such complex colors.
As if people were colorless, and the only colors we could judge were their emotions.
I looked at the sky today,
Free, with swarms of birds harmonizing.
It made me happy; like kids on Christmas that got to open presents early.
As if our wishes were all granted a year in advance, and we wrote pages.

I looked around me today, and it reminded me to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment