Sunday, December 6, 2015

Stoem

Stoem(n): Stolen lines from other poets put together and made into a new poem.

The rose that grew from concrete
Laughing a challenge to the raindrops, daring them to make us leave
The red washing down the bathtub can't change the color of the sea at all
A warm domestic chaos spells life without care
And I dream too much, and I don't write enough, and I'm trying to find God everywhere
A young heart with an old soul, how can there be peace
The cancer that invades our ancestors' defiled dreams
Rehearsed in silence.



6 comments:

  1. THIS IS SUCH A COOL IDEA!!!! You put them together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative idea, I love how I recognize some but others I don't, it keeps it fresh the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally screenshotted this cuz dang.
    I'm snapping in a quiet classroom and people are staring but it's okay because this poem deserves it

    ReplyDelete