Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pen Names are overrated anyway

Everyone is so afraid.
Afraid that things will change.
Afraid that the popular kids will get more comments than the popular writers,
and the popular writers will be forgotten.
Every person in my class is so afraid of being revealed.
Well you must be insecure.
Didn't we already learn how to write down our insecurities and forget them?
So why are you still?
Or is it because all your insecurities are posted on your blog; secured where people can find them?
At least now, people they know the real you.
At least now, they know how fake you were.
At least now, they know how real you've been.
And all the fake people will leave, and hang with the fakes.
And all the reals will hang with the reals.
Can't you see it's better to live life without closed doors?
That's why I'm happy to be revealed.
I don't know how much longer I could've stayed concealed.
And if I have to wait another god damn day without knowing who Courtney Rome is, or Roslyn Luna Grey, or any of my favorite writers are;
Then cue the depression from the happiness I haven't experienced with them.
And if I have to wait another god damn day to find out who that cry for help came from in mid October it might be too late for me to help that Pen Name I already forgot. 
I'm tired of waiting, and it's time to reveal.
My name to you on this blog thingy is peepleizdum, but if I see you at school call me 
Parker Johnson
Also here's a few pics for peeple that don't know me.
Halloween 2015
First day of school feat. my little sisters
Me and my bro this summer

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Parker! So excited this is you. It's been so cool getting to be friends on and off the blogs. I was really curious about this one, super pumped that it's you. Also I agree with a lot of what you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really glad when I found out it was you too Trevor! totally threw me off guard, but you're still freaking amazing!

      Delete
  2. your poems in class always stood out to me, and your talent for slam is ridiculous.

    nice to meet you, Parker:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't we already learn how to write down our insecurities and forget them?
    So why are you still?
    Wow I love your blog and everything you slam because it's dang awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A HOT POCKETS COMMERCIAL STARTED PLAYING WHEN I OPENRD UR BLOG AND IT FREAKED ME OUT BUT ITS GOOD BECAUSE CUDI IS SPEAKING TO ME NOW AND I LOV PARKER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good lines in this reveal and I loved the honesty of it all. Your blogs been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shoutout (:

    You're the best dude !!!!! And I mean it when I say that you're a good writer, too (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! that means a lot coming from you!:)

      Delete
  7. yesssssss parker! i've been waiting for your reveal all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Afraid that the popular kids will get more comments than the popular writers,
    and the popular writers will be forgotten"
    Amen!! Your poems are amazing and I love your honesty

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Then cue the depression from the happiness I haven't experienced with them.
    And if I have to wait another god damn day to find out who that cry for help came from in mid October it might be too late for me to help that Pen Name I already forgot."

    uhhh holy cow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you're right. I didn't even think about it like that. Well, now I'll say good by to the fakes who are too scared to be real and accept happily the reals with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Preach, Parker.

    Preach.

    I like how sharp this was. Yes. Sharp. That's the word I was looking for. Not sharp like well dressed, but sharp like an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Parker
    When we sacrificed that yarn goat in seminary I knew we could be friends
    And yeah we shouldn't join that cult
    No you straw hat doesn't make your cheekbones stand out
    Yes your hair does make you kinda like a white bob Marley, which is dope (without the dope)

    Peace out Girl Scout

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your writing. It's real. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. UH! I loved this! I remember sitting and browsing on your blog for a while a few weeks ago and I remember thinking how sharp you were! It's awesome

    ReplyDelete