Sunday, November 22, 2015

You

You are the vibrant rays of the sun shining threw my storm clouds.
And the subtle breeze that can warm my spirit or chill me to the bone.
You are the moon pulling the tide in, and I am the ocean.
And the farther you distance yourself I am at low tide.
However, you are not the birds singing that beautiful song every morning.
There is no way you are the birds, you don't like to sing in front of anyone.
And you are certainly not the cheerleader girl, you're way too cool to care.
A quick glance in the mirror will show that you are the most beautiful girl out there,
But you wont let my uplifting words consume your thoughts.
It is possible that you are the girl dangling her feet off the edge wondering how fast you would fall.
I am the boy falling for you, faster to soften the blow.
But don't worry, I am not the boy that pushed you off.
You are still the one falling, and refuse to survive the fall.
I am still here as your ocean, and as you fall my tides grow stronger.
So even if I only cover 71% of the places you could fall..
With you this close, I'm right beneath you.

5 comments:

  1. yes yes yes this might be one of my favorite poems and when you slam it. DANG. glad you shared. big fan of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So even if I only cover 71% of the places you could fall..
    With you this close, I'm right beneath you."

    Awesome job w this prompt

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just incredible. All of it. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite pieces I've heard out loud this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "So even if I only cover 71% of the places you could fall..
    With you this close, I'm right beneath you."

    ReplyDelete